This project is simple, uses recycled materials and kids will love not only helping to make it, but watching who visits it once it’s hung up. You’ll need a drill to make a few holes, and some mod podge (or similar) if you want to decorate with fabric as they do here.
- Mod Podge
- Exterior Varnish (only use over fabric and ric rac after the mod podge has completely dried)
- fabric scraps of your choice
- ric rac
- orange juice bottle
- drill and drill bits
- bolt and butterfly nut or anchor (mine is the anchor)
- hot glue gun (for ric rac)
- plastic tray – mine came from the top of our coffee but you could use a plant pot water catcher thing)
You could use paint or even permanent marks to decorate it. Either way, this is a fun, quick project that will bring more birds to the yard. Learn how to make one over at Embracing Life’s Journey.