Apricot Pico de Gallo
I don’t know about you guys, but my 4th of a July was a riot! Fireworks, brats, this chicken, and a cornucopia of red, white, and blue desserts. It was fabulous. I hope y’all had as much fun as I did! Admittedly, holiday entertaining is a ton of work and my body has been telling me it’s time to lay off the rich and heavy food for just a while. So I’m happy to announce that this week on So Munch Love, we will be featuring a handful of recipes that are good for you and easy to prepare. That way your body and mind can take a break from all the Independence Day craziness. You totally deserve it.
Which brings me to this salsa! Raise your hand if you’re a fan of mango salsa. Awesome, me too! Fruit salsas are light, easy to make, healthy, and filled with tons of exciting flavors. You get a bit of sweet, salty, spicy, and tangy. So I took that idea and ran with a juicy, sweet seasonal fruit– apricots!
This Apricot Pico de Gallo is to die for. The lime and serrano transform the apricots into something transcendental. In fact, when I was testing this recipe, I made a half batch, got a little carried away and ate the entire thing with chips. It was just what I needed. Fast, easy, and bursting with vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants. Delish. Other than devouring an entire bowl with chips, here are some other ways to enjoy your fruity apricot pico:
- Over grilled fish
- On pan seared pork chops
- Stirred into couscous with some pecans
- With jerk chicken
- Stirred together with cooked shrimp for a quick “ceviche”
- Mixed with a bit of shredded chicken and mayo for a delicious sammich filling
- On a turkey burger or this black bean burger
- In a goat cheese quesadilla
- Sprinkled on a grilled hot dog (yes, really!)
Okay, I’ve got to stop there. I’m going to drown in my drool. There really are a ton of applications and they can be as healthy or as rich as you’d like. But don’t take my word for it! Whip up a batch and see what kind of magic you can create. I triple dog dare you!
So how was your 4th of July and what would you do with this salsa? We’d love to hear all about it! See you soon!
Apricot Pico de Gallo
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
This Apricot Pico de Gallo is dangerous! It’s addicting, but don’t worry! It’s so good for you, you can eat it all day.
- 6 medium apricots, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1-2 serrano chiles, finely diced
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt to taste
- Combine everything in a medium bowl. Devour immediately with chips, fish, chicken, or pork!