I’m really excited to have partnered with Woolworths this week to bring you some spring time inspiration. It’s the perfect season to try something new and take your entertaining up a notch!
One of my all time fave things to do when the sun returns after winter is to rally the troops together for a picnic in the sun. Beers, snacks, good company and sunshine – does it get any better?
An awesome picnic doesn’t have to mean spending a lot of money (or time) though, I’ve got a few nifty ideas up my sleeve which will help to make your next picnic even better.
- Picnic rugs are often way too small, so instead try using a table cloth. They’re usually at least 2m long and often waterproof so will keep you up off the damp ground. If you’re using a fabric table cloth, just place a basic plastic one underneath.
- Use a tray to keep your drinks sturdy. Now you’ll have 2 hands to get stuck into the food!
- Preparing all the food from scratch can be a boil, so mix it up with some pre-made fresh food. Woolworths actually have an awesome range of things ready to go like rice paper rolls, baguettes and sushi (who knew?!) Your friends wont be the wiser.
- For a pretty touch, wrap your sandwiches and drink bottles in matching gift wrap and add little name tags. (ohh the instagram opportunities!)
- Bring a couple of cushions and a throw blanket, it makes all the difference when you’re spending hours on the ground.
- Bringing your fury friends? Be sure to pack a fold away table to keep the food up off the ground.
Some of my fave snacks to bring along which are crowd-pleasers (and also happen to look rather pretty) are things like donuts, cookies, easy-to-eat fruit like berries, grapes and cherries, cheese platters, filled baguettes and also soft drinks in individual sized glass bottles always make an impact.
Hope I’ve inspired you to amp up your picnic festivities this spring!
Do you have some tips and tricks that make your picnics awesome? Comment below I want to hear!